|Summary of Features|
From High Springs, drive south on U.S. 27/41 about 1 mile. Turn west(right) onto State Road 340 (Poe Springs Road) and drive about five milesto entrance to Blue Springs Campground turnoff (look for sign). Followanother two miles to Blue Springs. Little Blue Spring is to the left ofBlue Spring, in the trees below the parking area.
For maps, latitude/longitude data, driving directions, satelliteimagery, and topographic representations as well as weather conditionsat this spring, go to Greg Johnson's informative "Florida Springs Database"web site at the following address: http://www.ThisWaytothe.Net/springs/floridasprings.htm#Florida
The spring lies just below a cleared area a few yards from the largerBlue Spring. The pool is about 15 feet in diameter and is deep blue overthe vent, which is visible from a log at the edge of the pool. The depthof the spring appears to be about 8 feet, and the water is very clear.The spring creates a run that flows northeasterly about 150 feet to jointhe Blue Spring run just below where it is blocked by a fence. Except forthe cleared grassy area to the south of the spring, Little Blue is surroundedby dense forest floodplain. A path has been cleared to the spring,and there is a small floating platform on the edge of the spring.
The platform in the spring appears to be designed to provide a closeview of the spring.
A very attractive little spring that is overlooked by most of the visitorsto Blue Springs, only yards away.
- Poe Springs, Darby Spring, Hornsby Spring, Santa Fe Spring, ALA930971,Lily Springs, Pickard Springs, COL101971, Rum Island Springs, Blue Spring,Naked Spring, Johnson Spring, Ginnie Springs group, Sawdust Spring, COL1012972,COL1012971, GIL1012973, Myrtle's Fissure, GIL1012971, GIL1012972, 47 BoatrampSpring (or GIL1012974)
- Ichetucknee Springs State Park
- OíLeno State Park
- San Felasco Hammock State Preserve
- Devilís Millhopper State Geologic Site
- River Rise State Preserve
- Mike Roess Gold Head Branch State Park
Blue Springs Park and Campground
High Springs, Fla.